At the Grand Hyatt Denver Downtown, a member of the "Green" Hotels Association, we are pleased to note that there are many “green” initiatives in place. In fact, every aspect of our operation is under continual scrutiny as we seek better and more environmentally conscious methods of achieving the same end result: A superior guest experience. Here are just a few:
- Compact fluorescent bulbs in all guest room lamps
- More efficient fluorescent lights with electronic ballasts in corridors, kitchens, and “back of house” areas
- Cardboard and paper recycling programs
- Light sensors in offices, restrooms, and associate work areas
- Electronic equipment not in use turned off nightly
- Bed linen changes upon request to conserve water and energy
- A complete re-caulking to seal the building for better energy control
- Modernization of all guest and service elevators to improve efficiency
- Showerheads with a 2.5gpm max flow rate and sink aerators with a 1.0gpm max flow rate
- Green catering menus for dining and breaks.
- A Green Team comprised of associates focused on creating and implementing new ideas for conservation.
And many more that are now commonplace for us. If you would like additional information in this regard, please do not hesitate to let us know.